lunes, 5 de marzo de 2007

The real heavyweights: Picasso vs. Warhol

Surfing the web never ceases to amaze me, I happened to bump into a website which ranks famous painters as if they were baseball player which to me was fascinating. May be our fixation towards sports celebrity might pour towards the real overachievers. Finally one can measure Picasso (No. 2) against a Monet (No. 76) or may be a Dalí (No. 27) against a Léger (42). Consequently, an American is rank number one overall, Andy Warhol; I guess a can of Campbell soup can take you to the top. Yet one must admit that this website brings refreshing information to a monotonous world wide web. It is not difficult to get tired of all the news websites and the commercial website, but a website that makes an argument about art is pretty ingenious, and we should all support it. I for a fact have put it in my favorites and will continue to read about the painters who I was ignorant about. So indulge yourself and root for your favorite artist.


http://www.artfacts.net/index.php/pageType/ranking/paragraph/4/lang/1




No hay comentarios.: